Monday, August 1, 2011

Hummus

I love hummus... I've had the store-bought kind and I've had home-made.  I particularly liked the kind my mom makes and I've helped her make it. Not too difficult. IF you own a food processor.  So even though I've known how to make this for some time now, I've never actually owned a food processor and therefore haven't been able to make it.  I just recently remembered that I do in fact own one now and so I whipped this up the other day:)

Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans; drained and rinsed
1 tea. minced garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 T. Tahini paste (sesame seed paste often found in the ethnic food aisles near the Mediterranean section)
1 tea. cumin
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 T. olive oil
1/2 tea. salt
1/8 tea. cayenne
1/4 tea. pepper
1/4 tea. paprika

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. This may take several minutes. You may need to add a bit more yogurt to get a smooth consistency.

Serve with toasted pita or fresh veggies:)

No comments:

Post a Comment