Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cranberry Whole Wheat Buttermilk Biscuits


These are delicious... and currently what I'm stuffing my face with. I've never really baked or cooked with cranberries before, but they are weird little guys. They're light and almost hollow inside! (P.S.  don't try eating them raw. They are not really any good until you put them in some sort of dish. Trust me on this one...)

Well, let's get to the point.

Ingredients: (orignially from here)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup fresh cranberries

Preheat oven to 425

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda, and stir until combined. If you have a pastry blender, this would be a whole lot less messy, but I just dove in with my hands. Mix in the butter until coarse crumbles remain. Add your cranberries and buttermilk and stir until combined. (I had to use my hands again)

Drop by about 1/4 cup onto a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. (I used my silicone baking sheet which made things super easy.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment