Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grape Pizza

So I know this sounds strange, but I encountered this pizza last weekend when we were in Fayetteville, WV white water rafting.  We went to this place called Pies and Pints, which seemed to be the only 'hoppin' place around.  They had quite a few interesting pizza options (kinda Dewey's-ish) but we settled on this lovely pie.  It was absolutely delicious! And I got to thinking... I could probably make this myself.

So for lunch today, I tried and successfully created my own version! Yummmm!


I kinda cheated again, and used a pizza crust mix that you only have to add water to.  I'm a big fan and like the way it tastes as it gets a little crispy but still stays soft.

I flattened my dough onto my pizza stone and pricked it with a fork several times.

Then I spread about 1 clove of chopped garlic onto the dough, followed by about 1/2 cup mozzerella cheese.  Then I sprinkled about 1 Tablespoon of coarsely chopped rosemary followed by about 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese.  Last came the 1/2 cup sliced red grapes.

I baked it according to the package directions, about 12 minutes.
Voila!

Trust me, it is amazing!


Ingredients breakdown:
1 pizza crust (I used a mix)
1 clove chopped garlic
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2-1/3 cup sliced red grapes (halved)

No comments:

Post a Comment