Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blue Cheese Orzo Salad

I love orzo pasta, but never actually made it myself. I think the reason for this is because it is hidden in the grocery store so I've never seen it... Yup, I had to ask the service desk after making about 3 laps through the pasta, rice and ethnic food aisles... Of course, it was in the Authentic Italian aisle that I had already walked through 3 times...


Anyways, I found this recipe here and followed it pretty much as it is written, but I decided to add some golden raisins:)

Ingredients
3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
3 cups arugula, torn
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

Walnut Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 teaspoon Creole or stone-ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:
Cook orzo according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Stir in the arugula, bacon, blue cheese, onions and walnuts

In a blender, combine the first six vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat.




No comments:

Post a Comment