Sunday, May 15, 2011

S'mores Cookies

So remember this post when I talked about have a ridiculous hoard of mini marshmallows and graham crackers that were left over from an activity that I did with my 7th graders? Well, I haven't put a dent in it and I'm slightly annoyed that I still have like 6 bags of mini marshmallows crowding my cabinets, so I searched for more recipes using mini marshmallows and stumbled upon what could possibly be my new favorite 'cookie'...

* side note: As I was getting started, I turned the box over and saw this... ahahaha. I wonder what the parent was thinking. Clearly the fact that the word project is in quotations makes me think she wasn't quite sure how in the heck I was going to tie in graham crackers, ice cream, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and chocolate syrup to our Groundwater Unit ..;)


Anyways, I found the recipe here and decided to bring them to my cousin's cookout yesterday.  They were gone within minutes, so I guess it's safe to say they were a hit? I mean you've got a hybrid of a s'more and chocolate chip cookie. What's not to love?! AND you don't end up with crazy-sticky fingers like a typical s'more.  Now, the only danger is that I still have a Tupperware full sitting in my kitchen calling my name. I may or may not have had one for breakfast this morning...

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tea. baking soda
1/2 tea. salt
1 tea. cinnamon
11 Tablespoons butter (just 1 T shy of a stick and a half)- should be softened or room temp.
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs (room temp)
1 tea. vanilla
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 box graham crackers
about 4-5 Hershey bars

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375.
Line 2 baking sheets (with rims) with parchment paper and then place graham crackers on sheet. (I had the kind that were already broken into squares, so if you get the ones that are long, break them in half)


Fit as many as you can on there:) I actually ended up needing to use 3 1/2 pans...

Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
In a mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth (2-3 minutes)

Add the eggs and vanilla until combined. Then gradually add the flour mix until combined.
Fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Place about a Tablespoon of batter onto each graham cracker and gently press.
Bake about 5 minutes, take them out and gently press one Hershey square into each cookie.

Then pop 'em back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes- until they're golden brown!


Cool on a wire rack and then dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment