Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Breakfast Casserole Muffins


Who doesn't like breakfast on-the-go? I'm usually in a hurry since I often dilly-dally around in the morning and then realize, "Oh shoot, I have to leave in 5 minutes!" So, breakfast is usually consumed on my way out the door. And I've quickly realized that cereal is not best consumed whilst driving... 'nuff said. So these can be made in advance and then heated up and carried out the door mess-free!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground sausage (I used the Bob Evans brand that comes in the tube by the bacon section of the grocery store)
1 tube crescent roll dough
cheddar cheese (original recipe called for 12 slices of Velveeta, but I prefer shredded cheddar- I used about a Tablespoon per muffin)
6 eggs, beaten
1/8 cup milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Line or grease 12 muffin cups.

Brown the sausage until no longer pink, and drain.
Line the bottom of each muffin cup with a portion of the croissant dough and press down. (I tried to make a few into cups by lining both bottom and sides- but you'll need more croissant dough)
Put a spoonful of browned sausage on top of the dough and sprinkle with cheese. 



In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the 12 cups. Make sure not to fill to the very top.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment