Friday, March 18, 2011

Pineapple-glazed Chicken


I'm always a big fan when recipes require 5 ingredients or less... well here's one that required only 3 (but I'm not counting salt and pepper or the butter for cooking...)! AND it was actually good:)

What I needed:
2 chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple- I had a 20 oz. can and only used about half, but you could use more or less depending on how much chicken you use...
salt & pepper to taste
butter or oil
rice to serve


Directions:
brown the chicken in a saucepan with a little butter (about 1 Tablespoon) or oil if you prefer
salt and pepper to your liking

add the brown sugar and pineapple and cover, cooking until chicken is fully cooked and sauce thickens.
*Now I decided to add about 1 teaspoon cornstarch at this point to thicken the sauce....

Serve over rice and Voila! Only about 15 minutes and a few ingredients later... DINNER!

No comments:

Post a Comment