Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Easy Cashew Chicken

I originally got a recipe for cashew chicken from my sister, who got it from her friend... needless to say, I've lost the recipe and have started improvising.

So here's what I used this time:
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 jar Hoisin Sauce (I use the whole jar if I use more chicken)
handful of cashews
brown rice to serve

In a large skillet (with a bit of oil), brown chicken with green onion

before completely cooked,  add Hoisin sauce


Hoisin Sauce can be found in the Asian section of the grocery store
 Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce thickens (you can add more sauce if it looks too thin- I always eyeball it)

Pour over rice and top with cashews!

No comments:

Post a Comment