Monday, April 4, 2011

Baked Tilapia with Mango-Avocado Salsa

I've been in a chicken-rut for quite a while now, so I made an effort to make something fishy this week.  I happened to have one of those frozen Tilapia fillets that you can just bake in the oven without defrosting, so I went with that.

All I did was brush some melted butter on the fish and then I sprinkled it with some chili powder. I baked it according to the directions on the package (about 25 minutes at 400 degrees)

While this was baking I whipped up some mango-avocado salsa to go on top.

For about 2-3 servings, this is what I used:

Mango-Avocado Salsa
1/2 of an avocado, cut into small cubes
about 1/2 cup mango, cut into small cubes
about 1 Tablespoon finely chopped red onion.
1 Tablespoon  lime juice
1/2 Tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro

*Just mix all ingredients together
Then just put as much as you want on top of the baked fish and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment