Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kung Pao Chicken

Everytime I go to PF Changs I always end up getting the Kung Pao Chicken, so I was pumped when I found a relatively easy recipe for it.  I will warn you that it IS spicy... not quite like Changs, but still tasty!

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless-skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" pieces)
1 tablespoon cornstarch (or enough to coat chicken)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
2 tablespoons rice win vinegar (I couldn't find this, so I used 1 T rice vinegar and 1 T white wine vinegar)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1/3 cup peanuts


Directions:

Combine chicken and cornstarch in a small bowl and toss to coat.

Heat sesame oil in work (or large skillet if you don't own a wok, like me...) add chicken and stir fry 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from wok.


Add green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes and powdered ginger to the wok and stir fry for 15 seconds.

Combine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and add the sauce to the wok.
Return chicken to the wok and coat with sauce. Stir in roasted peanuts. Heat thoroughly. Top with additional green onions if desired and serve over rice.

Kung POW!

No comments:

Post a Comment